Welcome, and thank you for creating a pull list with Chops Comics! What follows are some easy instructions and tips to effectively create and manage an efficient pull list.
- To begin, please register or log in to leagueofcomicgeeks.com and create a profile. It's free and easy to do. Once finished, click on the “Stores” icon in the dashboard on the left-hand side of the screen. From there you should see
Chops Comics pop up as an option for a store to connect to. If you don't see Chops Comics as an option, you may need to change the zip code in your profile to 66049, or you can just use the search function as well to find Chops Comics. Once you find it, please click on Chops Comics and you will be taken and linked into the store's profile.
- From here, if you are a creating a pull list with the shop for the first time you may skip this paragraph and go on to the next one, but if you made a pull list from the store's website, please read on. If you have an existing pull list with us that you created through our website, you need to hit the “Connect and Share My Pull List” button to have your pull list imported. Ideally this will take your pull list and move it to leagueofcomicgeeks.com. You may not see results of this right away. Make sure that after some time, that you double check leagueofcomicgeeks.com to see if everything from your pull was imported. If you see that not everything was imported, you will have to go and manually add those titles to your new pull. Instructions on how to do so are below.
- Now that you have your profile set up and/or your pull list imported, you can begin to add books to your pull list. To do so, click on “New Comics” in the dashboard to the left. There you will see all the books that are scheduled to be released for that given week. Each book will have a “Pull” button and an “Add” button. If you select the “Pull” button you will only get that individual issue of that title, it will not be added permanently to your pull list. By selecting “Add” it will become a permanent part of your list until you remove it, and you now have a subscription to that title.
- On the page New Comics This Week you will see, on the right hand side, a dashboard titled “Filter and Sort.” Here you can select and de-select given publishers if there is a specific title you're trying to find. Also, you can select and de-select the format of the title you are trying to find. For example, if you are looking for a certain variant, there is a variant tab, same with trades, etc. This may help hone your search if you are looking for something specific versus general.
- Also in this dashboard, you will see a date listed with a small calendar icon. This is the most important aspect of this site. Please take some time to become familiar with it. The date given will always be set at the Wednesday of the current week. By clicking on the date, a calendar will pop up. From there you can select a different Wednesday of the current month or you can go months in advance and see what's coming out. PLEASE use the calendar function on the right-hand side of the screen. Books must be initially ordered two months out from their release date and the last chance to order books to ensure you get a copy, is a full month before the book is released. If you add a book after the month cut off, there is a chance you will not get a copy of the book you want. This calendar function is essential to ensure that you get the books you want and ensure that we place an accurate order.
That's it. Feel free to take some time and explore the site. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the store Tuesday-Friday or swing on by and we'll be happy to walk you through the site if you're having problems. Thanks all and take care out there.